Services I offer:
- Individual counseling for adults and elders
- Process group counseling
- Educational and skill building group counseling
- Community and business education and consultation
Primary therapeutic approaches:
- Somatic Experiencing ® (SE)
- SE is a mind-body approach that works through tracking shifts in physical sensation, body movements and nervous system regulation.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- CBT is a talk therapy approach that focuses on challenging and changing inaccurate beliefs about ourselves, others and the world.
Consider seeing me if other counseling approaches haven’t worked or when “talking about it” has not helped. There are times when something is wrong but we can’t explain it or there are no words to express our experience. Other times we want help but are not willing or able to tell what happened.
Concerns addressed include:
- Trauma and traumatic events
- Car accidents, accidents and falls
- Medical trauma and medical diagnosis
- Grief and loss
- Aging, independence, and care
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender affirmative
- Feeling like you can’t “get over it”
Behavioral health is becoming more and more specialized. Sometimes a client concern is not a good fit for my skills and training. If this happens to be the case, please know that I will do my best to recommend another service that would be a better fit for your needs.